Wednesday 8 February 2012


Pink and purple sunrises on Monday and Tuesday have brought cool but bright and sunny days.




The beach is often covered in the hoof prints of deer that come down off the hills to feed on seaweed at night. 



WILDLIFE REPORT! Er, not much really - just oyster catchers, swans, a heron and a lone curlew poking around in the shallow waters. 



Although I did spot two massive birds of prey while I was driving back from the postbox yesterday. They were bigger than the buzzards that circle around above the hills at home. I’d love to say they were eagles but I’m not sure. I’ll ask in the pub if it’s possible.

Iain told me to look out for a lone hen that lives in the bushes near the cabin. He was too polite to say, “Please don’t let your Jack Russell eat my chicken!” I tried to take a photo of the little bird but she hopped back into the bushes. 



I was interrupted from my illustrating yesterday afternoon by Toby’s frantic barking. A sheep had appeared from nowhere and was munching on the lawn outside. It didn't seem the slightest bit bothered by the angry little dog yapping at it through the glass.



We've enjoyed some golden sunsets on our evening walks.



The weather today (Wednesday 8th Feb) is dry but very blowy. It’s great to tog up in all the gear and get outside whatever the conditions. I think Toby was a bit cold today - maybe I should get him a coat.



Work is going well. It’s amazing how much work you can get done when there's nothing to distract you except walking the dog twice a day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment