Wednesday 22 February 2012


20th - 22nd Feb

Monday Feb 20th brought the worst weather we’ve had yet. Rain, rain and more rain. Janet braved the beach but I preferred to work.

Tuesday was a little better. We drove into Craighouse for a bit of shopping and ate lunch in the bar at the Jura Hotel. We decided to go for a drive after our meal and set off for Lagg with one of Joe’s compilation cds blaring away. I spotted a large bird of prey circling over the conifers - pretty sure it was another eagle.

Janet and Toby espied some well camouflaged deer not far from the road.



A young stag and some females.





Despite the dull weather the light appeared quite bright on the coast north of Lagg.



The road across the island is a single track strip of tarmac, often potholed and with very few places to turn round so I took the opportunity to do a three point turn at Lagg and we drove back to the cabin.

Mrs Chicken was loitering outside the patio doors so I threw her some bread. She was happily pecking away when a seagull appeared from nowhere and stole her snack! I replaced it with a generous handful of Kellogg’s Just Right - not so easy for a gull to spot from a great height.

Wednesday 22nd Feb - a bleak day - more rain. Stayed in our cosy cabin mostly. Toby seemed unwell. We started our walk to the beach in driving rain but after a few yards he refused to go further and I carried him home. I carried on by myself as I had been working intensively and needed to get out. 

 The mountain streams that run onto the beach were choked with peaty rust-coloured water. 

It was a bleak and blowy scene.



Spent the rest of the day either working or watching Pride & Prejudice - an excellent programme might I say and now I must write no more as the language of P&P is finding it’s way into my blog. Good day to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment