Saturday 11 February 2012


An interesting walk to the beach this afternoon. I met my neighbour from the next croft who is a gamekeeper/deerstalker on the island. I described the two birds of prey that I’d spotted and he confirmed that they were what I’d hoped they might be. He couldn’t say if they were sea eagles or golden eagles but he was sure they were eagles from my description of wing tips, body size and the fact that they were flying as a pair.

Toby’s got a buoyfriend. He met him on the beach.



Well, I say ‘friend’, he actually spent ten minutes trying to kill this yellow inflated blob which had broken free of its crab/lobster pot and washed up on Corran sands.





It is true, as I mentioned the other day, that deer visit the beach at night and eat seaweed but my identification of deer hoof-prints was totally wrong! Walking back from the far end of the beach this afternoon we came across a herd of cattle paddling in the sea. 



Come to think of it, the prints were quite large for a deer!

 The weather’s still dull but it’s dry and warm and great for dog walks.



We’re back in the cabin now and watching England play Italy in the Six Nations.

No comments:

Post a Comment