Thursday 2 February 2012

A diary for Jura

I work as a freelance illustrator in the attic of our home in the Cotswolds. I love my work but sometimes I need to get away. Tomorrow I will drive with my dog to the Isle of Jura for a month and set up a temporary studio in a wooden cabin near the beach. I tried it a year ago. The trip was a success and I'm going back for more.

My time on the island will be a combination of intensive illustrating and fantastic dog walks. After two weeks on my own it'll be fantastic to pop over to Islay and collect Janet from the little airport.

We have a camper van which is ideal for transporting computers, scanners, printers, lightboxes, tins of soup and wellies.

A change of scene can bring new ideas. I have a book to finish and another to start so the trip isn't a holiday but, just the same, I can't wait to get back on the island.

I'll blog again when I've set up shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment