Wednesday 29 February 2012


27th-29th February 2012

Monday 27th was very wet. Toby and I braved the beach...



but the rest of the day was spent illustrating. Janet and I have been feeding Mrs Chicken (real name Matilda, we are told) on the grass outside the French windows with old pitta breads. A large flock of Chaffinches have also been enjoying the feast. And the sheep paid another brief visit due to somebody leaving the gate open... not us.




Tuesday 28th was a much drier and brighter day. Janet and I clambered back across the rocks to the little bay where we had spotted the otter. Toby and I scanned the waters for some time but without luck.



Later in the afternoon, Janet sat reading happily as the sun shone through the French windows. Toby snoozed. I snapped this picture looking up from my desk.



Wednesday 29th was also dry. I worked all morning before setting off for Craighouse where we had lunch in the Jura Hotel. We bumped into Sharon again who went to the same convent as Janet and who had recognised Janet when we were in the Jura Hotel on a previous visit. Janet and Toby decided to walk back to the cabin via Corran Sands while I visited Small Isles Primary and did some drawing with the children for World Book Day (which is actually tomorrow). The session was great fun. Because there are only twelve children in the school, the ages are quite diverse but they are lovely gentle kids who seem to get on well. Many ‘horrible’ drawings were produced!



The sun was shining on the drive back and there was a sunbathing seal balanced on a submerged rock in the bay. It is often there so I imagine it is the same seal sitting on the same favourite rock. 



I’d like to think so anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment